Volunteerism is alive and well at Tidelands Community Hospice. Our volunteer family continues to grow and expand their talents.
Where do you spend your free time? How often do you think of helping others? What is your special talent? Would you be willing to share your talents and time with our organization?
Listed below are some of the areas in which volunteers can donate their time:
- Direct patient care – visit with Tidelands patients, provide companionship, relieve the caregivers so they can run errands
- Hospice House – a friendly face to welcome families and guests, answer the phone, bake cookies for our guests
- Resale Shop – Greet shoppers, sort donations, price and ticket items, arrange merchandise on shelving
- Administrative Office – Use computer skills to assist staff with administrative tasks, file, make copies, prepare mailings
- Culinary Committee – Prepare meals for our Hospice House families on holidays, organize “cook-off” events for staff, volunteers, etc.
- Decorating Committee – Help maintain the décor of our Hospice House
- Gardening Committee – Help maintain the potted plants and other seasonal arrangements in the Hospice House
- Bereavement Visitor or Keep in Touch – Support our grieving families through phone calls or visits (specialized training required)
- Community Outreach – Help staff tables and booths at health fairs, community events
- Watchman Program – Be the liaison with Tidelands Hospice from your local church; serve as a direct link to share Tidelands news and help inform your congregations about services offered by Tidelands. Learn More
- Fundraising – Help support Tidelands mission through various fundraising efforts.
There are numerous areas in which you can donate your time and talents. Volunteers are needed throughout our three county service area. Training classes are specifically designed for the type of volunteer service provided. To learn more about becoming a Tidelands Hospice volunteer, call 843-546-3410 or 1-888-922-3410.